Personal Data in this Policy includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data such as your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, address, email address and any other information relating to individuals, which you have provided to us. This Policy describes how we may collect, use, disclose, process and manage your personal data.
- The purposes for which your personal data and other information may be used include, but are not limited to, the following:
- performing analysis of your personal needs, objectives and product suitability;
- processing of application for products and services;
- dealing in matters relating to your accounts and the products and services you subscribed for on an ongoing basis;
- providing product enhancements and services, and marketing financial services or related products, including sending product and investment updates, marketing materials or messages to you;
- compiling statistics to design and improve our products and services for you;
- conducting due diligence checks from time to time as may be required under applicable laws and regulations;
- complying with all applicable laws (including GYC's internal policies), regulations, rules, directives, orders, instructions and requests from any local or foreign authorities, including regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other authorities (both local and foreign);
- responding to queries and feedback, including addressing or investigating any complaints, claims or disputes;
- enforcing obligations owed to us and for legal purposes (including but not limited to enforcing our legal rights, drafting and reviewing documents, obtaining legal advice and facilitating dispute resolution);
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, offences or breaches including fraud, money-laundering, counter-terrorist financing and bribery;
- We may disclose your personal data for any of the purposes specified above to:
- any officer, employee, agent, licensed representative or director of GYC (including any subsidiaries or affiliates), custodians, fund administrators, banks, insurance companies, fund managers, trust companies, professional advisers, third party service providers, agents or independent contractors providing services to support GYC's business operations under a duty of confidentiality;
- any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by law or regulation;
- any court, tribunal, authority or regulators (both local and foreign), exchange body, IRAS or other authority (including any authority investigating an offence) where we are required to do so by applicable law or regulation, directive, order or request by any court, tribunal, authority or regulator.
- By the act of providing any personal data of a third party (eg. information of your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data for the purposes listed in this Policy.
- You may request access or make corrections to your personal data by filling up a 'Retrieval of Personal Data' form, a copy of which may be obtained by calling 6430-9595 during office hours or by emailing us (MyPersonalData@gyc.com.sg). Please note that depending on the nature, frequency and complexity of your request, we may charge a fee for processing your request for access. You will be informed of any such fee beforehand for your agreement prior to us proceeding to process your request.
- You may withdraw your consent given for any or all purposes set out in this Policy. Please note that depending on the nature of your request, GYC may not be in a position to continue providing our products or services to you. As such, your withdrawal may be considered a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with us, and a breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
- It is important that you ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete as we rely on your personal data to continue providing products and services to you, including on-going financial advice where you have subscribed for such services. It is thus important and your responsibility that your personal data be updated by you in a timely manner as we rely on this information to provide the correct advice to you.
- Your personal data will be retained in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
- GYC reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on our website or via other suitable methods.